Friday, January 7, 2011

Quite possibly my favorite thing of all time...

is seeing someone love your child as much as you do.

A kind of love only a grandparent can give. Someone who loves to hear about your child as much as you like to talk about your child.

Of course Chad loves our daughter just as much as I do, but I get to witness that everyday. Last weekend my mom, Kiley's Nonni, came up with her husband, Kiley's Poppa. My mom has visited with Kiley a few times but Kiley was so little that she didn't do a whole lot of interaction. This time was different. The moment Kiley set eyes on her Nonni the chemistry was instant. They both lit up in exactly the same way. It really melted my heart.
Chad and I are so lucky to have the parents we do. Chad's mom is exactly the same way, and Kiley is going to benefit so much by having her so close while she is growing up. Our Dad's love her too, but I know they are secretly waiting patiently for her to be old enough to play with and play jokes on.

1 comment:

  1. And we love and miss you all so much! Thank you all for such a wonderful Christmas present! Poppa told me he has a new love in his life and I completely understand! Thank you, Kiley Sue, for picking us as your family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete