I had my 6 week follow up appointment this week which went very well. I brought Kiley with me and everyone was so excited to see her. They thought she was so beautiful and I brought them one of her baby announcements and I think everyone in the office thanked me and said how it was so well done and the pictures were beautiful. In case you haven't seen it, here is the card I sent out.
I got the ok from the doctor to resume normal activities including working out, which is great because I couldn't stand it and started a running program at 4 weeks post-partum. I knew I would have to start really slow since it has been nearly a year since I did any serious running so I started a couch to 5k program for people who are literally going from couch potatoes to about 3 miles. This may have been a little under my skill level but because my joints and bones in my pelvic area are still a little soft it is good that I am not pushing it too hard. It feels great to be running again and although when I go back to work it will be a lot more difficult to keep it up, I still have lofty aspirations to run a marathon some day. Let me tell you, having a baby is the most empowering thing a woman can do and after giving birth you literally feel like you can do anything. Pain is nothing.
Kiley is doing wonderful. She is smiling and cooing more and more all the time and finds the oddest things amusing. Chad was checking his voicemail one day and she just thought that was hilarious. And boy does she love to be naked! Her favorite spot in the house seems to be her changing table, because well, that's where she gets naked or nearly naked.
She is also starting to grow her hair back. At about 3 weeks old she lost most of her hair except for a small patch in the back but she does have a little bit of blonde peach fuzz all over now.
In other news we are exploring the idea of Chad going back to an engineering career. We have been increasingly worried about having all of our eggs in one basket with us both working for the family business. If it were to go under (which it won't but it's still a scary thought) we would both be out of a job and would have no way to cover our bills. The tough part is that here in the L-C Valley there really aren't many options for a chemical engineer, and we don't want to move. So it may take a while for him to find something, but that will give me plenty of time to learn more of what Chad does with the business so that I can be confident in taking on his role and we can maintain our ownership. If I had it my way I would stay at home with Kiley but unfortunately that just isn't an option for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment