Thursday, February 21, 2013

Letters to Wes {Letter #1}

Wes-

It's hard to believe 3 months has flown by already, it still feels like I am in awe of the fact that you are finally here, and still having phantom kicks in my belly. I look at you, trying to memorize your face, and although I know I would know you if I had to pick you out of a room of babies, you are constantly giving me looks that I have never seen.
You are such a boy. You don't talk much, not like your sister who was constantly babbling and making noises, but you wait until you have something to say. You smile and study our expressions, and sometimes you laugh. A boy laugh. Kiley giggled, but your laugh is deeper and slower.
I love you so much and now that you are here, it is hard to imagine life without you, before you. The pride you bring to your dad, and the joy you bring to your sister when you smile at her or look at her is almost too cute to watch. You are HER Baby Wes and you must lay in bed with her for stories, let her hold you, let her bathe you, let her burp you, sit (or lay) next to her for movies, etc. And you don't mind enduring her hugs and kisses or squeezes or pokes one bit. Watching the two of you start to interact is one of my favorite things and I can't wait to see your relationship grow.



I love...

-your little baby rolls. You are not a fat baby by any means. You are long, but you have just a few adorable little rolls on your legs that I can not get enough of. I jumped on the scale with you yesterday and you are 14 lbs of pure baby squishiness.
-how you love getting changed, I don't know if its the angle that you like-being able to look right at whoever is changing you, or the fact that some one is touching you (such a boy!) but you always have the biggest smile when you get changed
-how delicious you think your hands are. If you don't have your binky in you vigorously try to nom your hand and will use your opposite hand to help shove the hand you are nibbling deeper in your mouth.
-your sweet flirty smile. You dip your chin to your shoulder, smile and look up. Maybe it's mischievousness, but it's adorable right now.
-how you gave me the first laugh. I was a little jealous that Daddy got Kiley's first laughs but this time he gets to be jealous.
-you are really starting to grab things, which is cute but I love how you intently want to feel things. Feel my hair in your hand, you will hold my hand to your face, pet my chest while you nurse.
-how hard you are working to hold your head up on your own. If I try to make you lay your head on my shoulder, you will pop it right back up like I am interfering with your work.
-your little stork bite is almost invisible now, but when you get mad it adorably flares up.

Love forever, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment