Thursday, February 10, 2011

To my 6 month old...

I love:

-how you are so determined! You try so hard to do things on your own even though you cant quite crawl yet, if you want something you will reach and reach and sometimes roll to it. You even figured out that if something is on a blanket and you pull the blanket the object comes to you.
-how you roll your tongue to try to form words.
-watching you nibble your toes.
-how your reach up for me when you want me to hold you.
- going into your room when you first wake up and getting the biggest smile from you like its the first time you saw me.
-playing peek-a-boo.
-feeding you whether it be nursing, puree, cereal or with my fingers (but my favorite is the bonding time while nursing).
-waking up with you. It's not always fun being sleep deprived but every minute of holding you makes it worth it.
-watching you in your bouncer-you seem so proud like you want to say "Look how high I can jump mommy!"
-seeing your daddy fall more and more in love with you every day.
-when you roll over.
-when you sit up.
-how I set you down on the ground with your toys and when I come to check on you your toys are all the way across the room... and sometimes you are too!
-how you are starting to be mobile. You can roll and you can turn in a 360 and as much as I love watching you figure out how to get around by yourself I savor the time I have left where I can put you down and you (pretty much) stay there...just turned around facing the other way and on your belly...
-expirimenting with new things to see what you think of them-new toys, new sounds, new games, new foods, new smells, etc.
-that you know your name, and as far as I can tell you think we picked a pretty good name for you because everytime we call you, you turn and look with a big smile.
-that you are such a happy baby.
-your new game: hugging.
-FACE SMASH!
-your owl noises.
-your kisses.
-playing patty cake, row row row your boat, and itsy bitsy spider.
-how much you love Shadow. He doesn't exactly love how you pull his hair and ears but he always stays close to you to protect you.
-Your ultra fine blond hair. So blond and so fine that you still look like a little baldy. An adorable little baldy.
-Your two little teeth.
-watching you figure out how to hold your bottles and sippy cups.
-cuddling you to sleep. I know I should start putting you in bed for you to learn to fall asleep on your own but cuddling you is my guilty pleasure.
-seeing you get excited about anything your dad and I put in our mouths. It took you no time to figure out getting a drink from the bottom of my straw.
-weekend family snuggle time in bed. Even shadow is allowed to join in.
-splishing and splashing in the tub.
-your squeals when you are excited or having fun.
-all your different laughs and giggles.



Baby girl-

Every day I love you more. You have fulfilled me and given my life purpose. You saved me from living a life without meaning.  I now feel like I am doing what I am meant to be doing. Every day I look at you and can't believe you came from your daddy and I. Every. Day. You are a miracle. My miracle.  I love you so much.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment