A few weeks ago was Kileys 6 month well baby check so I thought I would update everyone on how it went. She is now 28" long (still 99th%), her head is in the 88% and she is 15 lbs 6 oz which went down from 46% to 36%. I was initially a little worried about the drop but the doctor said she is fine. He said with babies they are so compact that if something is wrong you can tell by looking at them. If she wasn't gaining enough weight she would look skinny. I mean she is a skinny baby, but he thought her fat distribution was perfect so he wasn't concerned. He also commented on how advanced she is. When he came in the room I had her sitting up on the bed and he was surprised to see how steady she was. He commented on how smart she was too and gave her an A++. Poor girl had to get more shots but she was done crying before the nurse even left the room and the nurse even got a little smile from her when she told her how brave she was.
Lately we have been having some sleeping issues and, I know it's gross and Kiley will hate me when she gets older and reads this but, poop issues. As in constipation. What sucks is that the doctor told me to give her a couple of servings a day of iron fortified cereal from now on so she doesn't become iron deficient but I'm pretty sure it's the cereal that makes her backed up. So I tried to up her fruit servings and started giving her prune juice to move things along too, and it will be better for a few days and then it will be another few days until the next dirty diaper. To add to it Kiley got sick last week and now we are all stuffed up... and not sleeping. Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment