Thursday, July 15, 2010

Zero

Had another doctor appointment this week and the official word is still zero progress. Actually there has been a slight change in the position of the cervix, moving from a mid position to an anterior position, but I tell you after the discomfort I have been feeling in the forms of hip pressure and pain and cramping I would be shocked if at the next appointment there isn't more progress. The rest of our appointment went relatively normal, there were trace amounts of protein in my urine but nothing they are concerned about, I put on another couple pounds, baby's heart rate was 136 bpm, and the fundal height measurement is just about 36 cm. Although I hadn't started dialating yet, the doctor wasn't sure she would see me before the next appointment, she said some women go from zero to 80 mph very quickly.
Up untill now I've been thinking, I won't be that impatient mommy that can't wait to get the baby out and will try everything she can to induce her own labor. I figured this baby can stay in there as long as she wants to and I will enjoy all the sleep I can get while I can get it! But my feelings have changed slightly in the last couple of days because, haha, I can't sleep anyways! I have an awful time finding a comfortable position and temperature, and then once I do fall asleep I have to wake up to use the bathroom or the baby decides it's time to have a dance party in my belly and wakes me up. It also seems like my crankiness has really kicked in which I'm not sure if that has to do with my hormones or lack of sleep; probably a mix of both. I seem to be more impatient not only with Chad but about silly things like the difficulty in getting dressed or the noise something is making. And if I find one more stretch mark I am going to scream! I don't think I'll be chugging any castor oil but I think spicy food and a nice long walk might be in order tonight, after a nap of course: )

No comments:

Post a Comment