I also got some bummer news that my group B strep test came back and I am a carrier, which she reassured me is not a big deal but I will have to get constant antibiotics during labor to ensure baby doesn't get sick during delivery. I know she said it's no big deal and my mommy-nurse reassured me that it wasn't but I can't help but worry a little. I know it's rare for baby to catch GBS if given the right amount of anitbiotics but I would prefer a 0% chance of her getting sick. Also, I understand that Penicillin is the standard anitbiotic they give you and know that it is possible to have an allergy to Penicillin and not know it until I am there because I have never had to get it before. My dad has a severe alergy to it, and I don't know if that makes me more likely to have an allergy to it as well. Plus I am now just a little bit more on edge about my water breaking before going to the hospital. With GBS it is better to get the antibiotics going before the water breaks. I'm trying not to sit around and worry about it, I'm sure everything will be fine just like everyone keeps telling me.
Everything else about the appointment was great, gained a pound, blood pressure is back to what it was about a month ago, fundal height measurement is 35 cm, and baby's heart rate is 135 bpm. I am hoping our next appointment on Monday we get some better numbers. I would be very happy with a 1 cm and 50% : )
This weekend I am hoping we can finally finish baby's room. Everything is pretty much ready for baby but I think Chad is in a little bit of denial about how soon this baby is coming, because the finishing touches as far as painting have just been sitting undone for probably 3 months now. I finally got sick of waiting and started hanging things on the wall and positioning furniture anyways. Yes, I am nesting and I will do it with or without finishing the paint. We also have to hang a door. Chad is replacing all of our interior crappy doors with nicer paneled doors and much nicer trim so I am pretty sure at least that will happen this weekend. Just one of the many little house projects Chad has taken on. Poor Chad has actually been pretty sick for the last week and a half with cold or something that has really wiped him out, so even though there are a hundred things I want him to get done before baby gets here I will try to take it easy on him.
Here are some pics of the nearly finished room. The original theme was supposed to be blue and pink, hence the blue letters but that ended up being the extent of it, now it's just more of a hodge podge of pinks with some blue, green and orange thrown in. I really hope she's a fan of bright colors!
And one more belly picture at 37 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment