Hard to believe it is already time for a baby shower but sure enough this weekend we had our official co-ed baby shower and we are only one month away from D-day. Everything about the baby shower was perfect-it was a nice 75+ degree day, Jenna and Chad's Mom Julie did a great job of planning it, good food, yummy cake, great gifts for the baby, no baby shower games to scare off the guys but still some prizes given out by raffle, the guys were good sports and "ooh'd" and "ah'd" at the gifts (this probably partially had to do with the beer involved), and we made out like bandits with the diapers and wipes...a soon-to-be mommy's dream. But the absolute best part of the baby shower for me was that my mom and grandma drove 12 hours from Reno to be here for it. I love Chads family so much and we both have really great friends, some of whom traveled a little ways to be here too, but there is something about my mom and grandma being here for me and their great/grandaughter, and having 4 generations of women in my family together, it is just amazing and inspiring to see where our family came from and to have such an unbreakable loving bond even with one that isn't here yet. This is why I am so excited to have a little girl of my own-to share what I share with my mom and grandma. I am excited and hopeful to have a little boy one day too for a hundred different reasons, but weekends spent with my mom and grandma just make me so thankful for this female bond we have and so excited for the future of our family.
They left early this morning but stayed in town long enough to accompany me to my doctors appointment which just happened to be good timing. They met my doctor which was great for my mom who has worked with so many different OB-GYN's and will know what to expect from the one helping her daughter. The appointment went very well. At my last apointment I was astonished because all of a sudden my blood pressure increased, my feet had started swelling, I put on 5 1/2 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks, and all of a sudden my fundal height measurement was measuring exactly where it should be where as I had been measuring a couple centimeters small. VERY abnormal for me, but of course very normal for being so close to the end of pregnancy. This time seemed more like what I am used to, my blood pressure was still elevated from what it was during the first and second trimesters but the same as it was the last time, my feet were normal sized (and had matching shoes), I hadn't gained any weight, and the fundal height measurement was 1-2 centimeters small. She must have had a growth spurt the last time and is just waiting to have another one. Her heart rate has been good anywhere from 125-140 so that's really what I am most concerned about. I also was tested for group b strep, which can be really devastating to baby if mom has it during delivery and is not treated with anitbiotics while in labor. I should find out the result of that test soon and then from here on out I will be checked at each weekly visit for progression in labor, maybe they will tell me I am starting to dialate at my next appointment which will be so exciting just to know that she is on her way out!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the shower this weekend.
We just read this ~ and we love you, too, Honey!
ReplyDelete