Thursday, April 8, 2010

Playing a little catch up

Well I've slacked off on the blog for a little while due mainly to being busier than normal and also just not having much new to blog about. The last couple of weeks have been pretty smooth sailing with a few random bouts of sickness and some other new exciting developments. The last weekend in March I flew down to Vegas for one of my best friends' wedding and came to the conclusion that flying from here on is going to be out of the question. The flight there was extremely turbulent, which is to be expected in March, and I threw up as soon as we landed at our stop in Salt Lake City. The rest of the trip was amazing and some of our baby girl's aunties got to see the baby bump for the first time which was fun. There was lots of belly rubbing. After the wedding I got sick again which I am not sure if it was from unsettled food, over doing it on the dance floor, or just a random throw up. The next morning I got on another plane and while we were in the air I got sick again and went running to the lavatory with the barf bag knocking my complimentary drink in my lap on my way. I made quite the scene, but I think my belly is now big enough that the judging passengers realized I was pregnant and not just recovering from a weekend in Vegas. The next weekend was Easter and again I got pretty sick after Eater dinner. This time I think it was a 24 hour bug or something cause it lasted about a day.
Feeling great now, and even when I was sick it was no where near as bad as the first trimester. There has been a lot more movement lately and there is no confusing it for anything else. She's actually awake and kicking up a storm as I type. I've even lifted my shirt and seen little movements under my skin. Just after I got back from Vegas I was getting quite the internal beating and had Chad put his hand up and he felt her move for the first time. I think it startled him a little bit because he quickly pulled his hand back and said "I FELT IT". It might have scared him a little but he's warming up to my expanding belly and I'm finding his hands on my belly more and more as it grows.
We have also come to an agreement on a name, although we are still open to other names, it's good to know that if another name doesn't come along and sweep us off our feet that we are both happy with this name. It was a name that Chad picked out because it was Irish (which is as close as we could get to a pretty Scottish name) and it felt right to me. We are liking the name Kylie, or Kiley, or Kylee...now we just have to agree on a spelling. We (mainly I) also wanted to give her a family name. I was named after both of my grandmothers, and it really made me feel more bonded to both of them. So we are thinking the middle name Susan after my mom, and it is also a name from both sides of Chads family.
Next week we have another Dr. appointment and from what I've heard and read I am probably going to have to take the glucose test in the next couple weeks. I also started working on the baby's registry for the baby shower which will be in a few months. The baby's room is painted with new windows, trim, chair rail, and closet doors. Now all it needs is furniture, some decorations, and a baby: )
23 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment