MEET OUR BABY GIRL! The Ultrasound was amazing. An experience I'll never forget. We got to see her swallowing and moving, her brain and heart functions. At first she was quite shy, and had her hand and arm covering her face but the ultrasound technician did a couple of tricks with her wand and got her to roll over and there she was! The tech told us her measurements show her due date is probably July 27 now, but she seemed pretty big, measuring 14 oz. and her feet are about an inch from my ribs which I looked up when I got home and an average 20 week old fetus should be about 10-11 oz. and the uterus should be right at the belly button line. Sounds big to me. She was probably sleeping during the appointment cause her heart rate was slower than it usually is, about 135 bpm but that didn't mean she wasn't playing her favorite game of kick the cord. She was kicking that cord all over the place which was really cool to see. The doctor called a few days after and said everything was perfect heart and brain are good, fluid level is good, position of the placenta is good although it is anterior which could explain why I haven't been feeling her very definitively and Chad can't feel her at all. We are so excited we finally started going through our name book and talking about names. Nothing really stands out yet but at least we are agreeing on a few. I can also really get to work on her room and hopefully get that finished in a few months.
Full body shot
Close up

Face turned slightly
Hand giving a thumbs up (this was Chad's favorite picture)
Feet
Face
She's a cute little teddy bear!! Nonni and Papa say love to you all!
ReplyDelete