Monday, April 26, 2010

Pregnancy dums.

Well it's happened. I thought I would make it through the entire pregnancy with no major mental or emotional symptoms as the whole first two trimesters had been full of physical symptoms and no major mood swings or forgetfullness (although Chad may tell you differently). NOPE!
The first happened a few weeks ago, a day I was scheduled to go to to the Dr. I do my normal morning routine-shower, get dressed, feed dog, breakfast, brush teeth, make up, hair, make lunch for Chad and myself, slip on my shoes and go to work. My appt. wasn't untill 10:30 a.m. so I was trying to be productive while trying to remember questions to ask the Dr. (writing the questions down, I realize, would probably increase my productivity).Then off Chad and I went to our appt. I get called in and first thing I do at every appt. is pee in a cup. I look down in the bathroom and I have 2 different shoes on! Not like a sneaker and a flip flop, they were the same type of shoe, ballet flats, but completely different colors and patterns. I was mortified, but I figured at least I noticed there where all the women understand having baby brain. And I was lucky enough that we were semi-close to home and Chad was able to drive me back to change shoe before anyone else noticed.
But like I said that was only the first. Last week I was working all day, no appointments, and about an hour before I go home a customer comes to pick out a granite color. We have been working with this customer since before we were pregnant and they were very excited to see the baby bump. We walk around for a while and the guy asks me if I can't see my feet any more. I look down and I had done THE EXACT SAME THING! 2 shoes, 2 different colors. I told him I was going to use that as my excuse from now on. I can't believe I did it again and didn't even notice for 8 hours, and no one pointed in out to me. What is even more surprising is one of the guys that works for us literally has a comment about my shoes almost every day. He calls me shiney shoes because of a silver pair that I favor.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? And what's more, I was shoe stupid this morning too. I had slipped on a pair of flip flops to feed the dog this morning and managed to forget to change into my work appropriate shoes. I work around big rocks that weigh upwards of 1000 lbs. I'm pretty sure flip flops are not going to cut it.....but at least they match.
Emotionally I can tell the hormones have kicked it up a notch. Not to the "cry at sentimental commercials" level yet but to the "frustrated at things that normally wouldn't bother me" level. Yesterday I had to let out a good cry just to stop feeling so frustrated at my constant back pain, the dresser I was painting, and Chad. It was either cry or destroy, and I think I chose wisely out of the two.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, baby - and the Chad and the baby girl, too! Oh, and just wait, there's a tear-jerker commercial/movie/non-profit ad/etc. out there with your name on it! Take a deep breath, all you guys, it's not too much longer now. By the way, I'm going to send some nice email sites to you - if it's not something you want, that's fine. I understand overwhelm.

    ReplyDelete