Friday, March 12, 2010

"Whoa we're half way there..."

20 weeks in and 20 weeks to go! I think I may actually be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We had our monthly doctor appointment on Monday which went really well. Everything checked out great with me again and this time the doctor found the heart beat right away. 145 bpm. But the most exciting thing was setting up our ultrasound. I knew going in I was going to ask if we had to wait two weeks for it (she usually likes to do the ultrasound at 22 weeks) or if we might be able to get in this week because the soon-to-be aunt's birthday is this weekend and she wants to know what the baby's sex is probably more than we do. True story. Turns out I didn't have to give her the whole story she was very nice about it, and said they can usually see more at 22 weeks but that anytime after 20 weeks is fine. So today is the day! In a couple hours I will head down to the hospital where Chad will meet me and we will finally find out which way to decorate the nursery. It's interesting though, Chad and I were talking last night and finding out the sex isn't actually what either of us are really excited about. We are both more excited to see what it looks like. We know the picture isn't going to be like a professional portrait that will get all the details of its face or expression but to see its little nose and fingers and toes, that's what we are really looking forward to, and the sex is just kind of icing on the cake because then we can figure out a name and call it a he or she instead of just "baby". We will of course be making calls and sending texts and I will post another blog with the pictures asap. Now I just have to drink several glasses of water, because they request you come in with a full bladder for them to push their wand on, and cross my fingers that it's not going to be shy and cover up its little parts...for Jenna's sake: )

No comments:

Post a Comment