Thursday, November 21, 2013

Letters to Wes {Letter 4}

One year ago...


Today….
 
Happy Birthday to my ONE year old!
Wes-
Out of all the letters I write you, this has been the hardest because since the letter I wrote you three months ago I have been student teaching and going to school, so basically working double time! I feel like I have missed out on so much of this time with you, and it makes me sad but I am also happy to know that once the school and the student teaching is done I will have long breaks in between work to spend tons of time with you and your sister. Thankfully you love day care and have made a couple friends in your class. You will be able to grow up with them and that makes me happy to see. All that being said, there are so many things that I love seeing about you at the age you are at now. The love you willingly share, the silliness you have with your sister, the talks we have. Your personality is adorable and the more I get to see it the more excited I am for the guy you will be. I love you!. Happy Birthday baby!

I love-
-watching you play with Kiley. You rough house and then try to give her love and kisses. It probably will turn into rough housing followed by crying and screaming at each other so I am really trying to soak it up now: )
-how you love music. For a long time now you would dance when a song comes on that you like and now you will even sing it a little, especially if Kiley and I are belting it out.
-seeing your interests develop, it's funny how you are just drawn to cars and balls. Lately you will turn anything into a car-like sissy's blocks.
-getting kisses from you. Your usually pretty willing to dish them out.
-being able to ask you if you are hungry or thirsty or tired and you tell me "uh huh". It's nice to be able to start communicating with you, and the "uh-huh" is just the sweetest.
-watching you learn to use words and sign. All done and more are helpful, and you can actually say, "sissy" "momma" "dada" "Kiley" "da-dow" and "love" 
-seeing you mimic sounds the rest of us make and how funny you think it is.
-how much you love Shadow. You are like a moth to a flame when he is around.
-how easily you will entertain yourself. I've been debating sending birthday presents back for balloons and cardboard boxes.
-watching you climb. I feel like you are so much more careful than Kiley was (either that or I am). Up was never a problem, but Kiley took a few tumbles down the stairs before she started figuring out how to carefully go down. But you already know how to go down backward and on your tummy.
-watching you gain the confidence to walk. You have taken a few steps at a time, but like I said you are so careful. You mostly just want to get down to all fours where you are comfortable and crawl.
-how much everyone at school just loves you. Daddy jokes that one of your teachers is always so excited to see you that she might run off with you one day.
-that no matter how easy you are, and how sweet you are, you are still sort of a mommy's boy. I'll take it as long as I can get it.
-those 4 little teeth. Your top teeth seem huge compared to your bottom teeth and the way they look right now there is an adorable little gap. I know it will close-in a little when your other teeth come in but I kind of hope you always have it ; )
-your big boy haircut. Your hair was so long it was always tickling your eyelashes and ears, so I finally took the plunge and took the clippers to it (I think we cut off 2-3 inches!). It is so much more you, and makes you look like you aren't a baby anymore.
-your chubby little rolls : ) They kind of come and go depending on whether you are about to take off on a growth spurt. Right now they are pretty rolly and I can't get enough of them!
-on the same note…I'm pretty sure you are going to outweigh your skinny minnie sister this next year, so her days are numbered being able to have her way with you, you have already clocked her good enough to make her cry.
-you are like your sister in some ways though, you are both so observant and like to watch a situation before getting in the mix of things. I don't think either of you will let me get a picture of you on Santa's lap this year.
-your little pointer finger. You point at everything, books, pictures, food or drinks that you want, people, you think it's pretty funny to point at me while you eat. I have no idea where you got that. haha
-"DA!" You started saying screaming this when you wanted to hit dangling things at day care and then it carried over to your mobile at home. It's like you think everything is your own personal piñata.
-bath time.
-putting you down in bed and you going to sleep without any fuss. You stopped letting me snuggle you to sleep a few weeks ago, which is sad and great to have that extra time to do other things.
-hearing about how sweet you are. Teachers and parents at day care have started telling me about how you tell them "I love you." You have probably said that to me or daddy in the middle of one of our "talks" but it was so hard to hear in between all the other cute babbles. I'll tell you one thing though, hearing about how adorable and sweet you are will never get old: )
Love forever,
Mommy
Watch me grow! 0-11 months



No comments:

Post a Comment