Wes-
And you're off! We are now getting to the time where you are all over the place and into everything. It's exciting to see you interact and explore the world around you but I don't know if I'm ready for how busy you are going to keep me! Gone are the days where you can contently sit in my lap for long periods of time and let me soak you in, now you just want to do what sissy is doing and only want to be held if it puts you at the same level as her or us. Your smile still melts hearts (mine especially) and the only person you laugh at the drop of a hat for is Kiley, although when someone else gets a laugh from you it is like music to our ears! I love you so much and can't believe the next time I write one of these you will be ONE! Time flies way too fast.
I love-
-how you are getting really good at army crawling, and rolling all the way across the room which is nice because now that you realize you are mobile you don't want to be held ALL the time (although you are happy to come along whenever I scoop you up)
-how you are SO snuggly. I get complimented daily from day care about how you are a favorite. Teachers will come in from all over to hold you and you just tenderly lay our head on their shoulders or chests. You are very easy going and they tell me you hardly cry when you are there.
-how you also get complimented daily on those blue eyes. Just like your sister.
-how you make music on everything! You are constantly banging things to hear what sound they make. Your are my little drummer boy.
-Your huge grin! When you smile it is like I can see the whole world in your mouth.
-The special laugh you have for sissy.
-Those two baby teeth. It took until 8 months for them to show up and they didn't come without a fight but they are adorable.
-That lettuce! You have so much hair! Your sister didn't seem to have hair until she was a year but yours is almost ready for a cut...although I think I might be that mom who let's it grow out annoyingly long before I cut it. And then I will cry because I chopped all your baby hair.
-Every. little. baby. roll. You will hate me later for it but I always call you my smushy (and so do your favorite teachers).
-Oh man are you strong. You have the death grip down. Usually on mine or sissy's hair. But I have seen you pick up whole chairs if you have a grip on it and I stand up with you.
-how you aren't a kissy baby, but you love to use my chin as a teether. So...samsies. Equally adorable.
--The sound you make just before nursing. "MMMM mmmmmMMmm" Like you know what's coming and you know how comforting it is, so even if you only drink a little bit, you are as excited as sissy is about chocolate cake, and are so relaxed after. I know these days are numbered and I am starting to get sentimental about when I don't have any quiet time with my babies anymore
.
-The goofy grin when you spy your twin brother in the mirror. He is always sneaking up on you!
-how you are still momma's little man. If I'm not holding you, you keep your eye on me to see what I am doing and make sure I'm not too far away. If I come into a room you are in, you light up and melt my heart.
-the ways you are starting to interact. You love pat-a-cake and will do the hand motions of your favorite part "throw it in the pan!" to get me to say it so you can laugh. You also love having a beat so you will clap and look at me until I start clapping so you can dance. If I stop you will look at me and clap until I start again.
-the little Italian hand. You have this thing where you hold your wrist up and shake it as if you are saying "that's a spicy meat-a-ball". SO cute! I think you are actually waving cause you are now doing it when you are going bye-bye and say "ba ba", or when dada comes in the room and say "da da". You also do a similar double hand shake when you are all done and say "ah da".
Love forever,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment