Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Letters to Wes {Letter 2}

Wes-

Another 3 months in the can and it's unbelievable the milestones you have made in the last 3 months. You have gone from an infant to a baby with interests and personality! It's adorable to watch and I know we are getting into a really fun stage when I watch you and your sister interact. She just loves to entertain you and oh boy! do you love to be entertained by her. Everyone who spends some time with you just falls in love with how sweet and cuddly you are, how easygoing you are, and your sweet smiles. My heart grows as you grow and sometimes I feel like I can hardly keep it in my chest and I look forward to this summer playing outside with my sweet babies as you learn to crawl and explore everything this big world has to offer you!

I love-
-your big open mouth kisses. Sometimes I come home from working all day and even though I know you aren't hungry you will grab my arm or face and shove as much of it as you can in your mouth. I think it's your way of saying you missed me.
-your sweet flirty smile. It's like you want to smile at me but turn your face away so I can't see it.
-your huge grin for your sissy and daddy. You have one of the biggest grins I have ever seen on a little head.
-how you have been sitting all by yourself since 5 months, and with amazing balance.
-how squishy you are. I love how when I hold you it's like your body just molds into mine.
-how funny your laugh is-a few raspberries, a rib tickle, or some peek a book with sissy and you are rolling.
-you love to hit. Not aggressively, I think you just like to see if you can connect with whatever it is you are aiming for. Like splashing in your bathtub, patting my knee or arm, swatting your dangling toys in your car seat, or anything I am holding.
-how much you love food. I was trying to hold off on giving you anything but breast milk or formula and a little bit of cereal until you were six months, but you just wouldn't have it. Anytime the rest of us would eat something you had to have some!
-all your funny noises. You have reached the stage of loving to hear what noises you can make so we are currently getting lots of high pitched squeals, lots of raspberries, and lots of "brrrrrrra!".
-even though you still wake up about 3 times a night, I am realizing how much I love snuggling you in those wee morning hours. The quiet house gives me time to enjoy all the little things about being with you-your warm breath on my neck, your little sleeping noises, the weight of your body on my chest, the chubby cheek on my cheek. But maybe you can just cut it down to like once or twice a night though: )
-we are starting to figure out your interests and besides food and Kiley, you like balls and anything that makes noise, but mostly you will do anything sister wants to do if it means she is playing with you.
-you are rolling over and scooting on your belly a little but luckily I don't have to chase you across the room. You mainly just use rolling over and scooting to get a change of scenery.
-You have to be in the middle of everything. You don't like if I set you down to do something, you want me to take you with me so I usually throw you in the carrier and you are happy as a clam.
-You weigh just about 18 lbs now so you give me a pretty good work out everyday. I had to stop carrying you in your car seat cause you are just too heavy!
-You are at that adorable feet grabbing stage where you are constantly holding your feet and putting your toes in your mouth, pretty adorable!

Love forever,
Mommy

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the last 5 months that I've been stashing:

First smile-1 month
Flirty smile
Lifting head-2 months
Easter
Sitting up-5 months
Siesta
Watch me grow! 1 day old-5 months old








No comments:

Post a Comment