Thursday, February 16, 2012

Here I go

It's official. In exactly 2 weeks I will not have a life. Not for a while at least. Not that my life has been all that exciting recently anyways but on March 1st I will be starting online school to get my Masters in Teaching Elementary Education. I am so excited about this new adventure, and am ready to jump in with both feet, but am sad to know that some of the things I love will have to be put on the side burner.

The most important thing for me is my family and nothing will ever come before my child, but after being mommy first, student second, and employee third, there are a ton of things I won't have time for like: running, catching up with friends and family, summer trips, weekend warrior projects, and hobbies like crafting, scrapbooking, taking pics, and blogging. And lets not forget the things that I don't love that also won't get done, like cleaning. Basically if Kiley is sleeping, my nose will be in the books.

What makes me the most sad is the catching up with family and friends part because lord knows I am not as good at that as I would like to be now and I worry about losing touch completely. Maybe sad is not the right word. I'm scared, and I hope the people I love will be forgiving of me. The good thing is if everything goes as it should, in a few years I will be making more money and will have summers off plus vacations to catch up on the things I will be sacrificing for school.

I'll still probably peek in from time to time with updates on the little. But wish us all luck as I try my hardest to do it all, and as Chad and Kiley have to put up with a stressed-out mommy/wife on more than one occaision I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of not keeping up - I've just read this! Don't be scared, honey. Just live your life the very best way you can, making sure it's the life you want. That is what I want for you, and I'll be right here, to help by doing whatever I can. I love you, and I'm so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete