They say life as you know it will change forever once you have a child. I definitely would not argue with this. Looking back when I was pregnant I never could have imagined just how much I could love another person. I never would have thought it was possible to love my baby as much as I do now and know that everyday I love her even more. It's funny cause you think you love everyone and everything in your life so much, and then baby comes and you're like "I didn't fully love anything until now". Everyday I've been home with her I spend hours just watching her. Watching her play, learn, develop, sleep - I don't want to miss anything.
I write that because I miss the days where I could watch her for fun and not necessity.
I realized I haven't written a blog in several weeks. We've been busy with extra work and visitors, and house/garden projects and a weekend trip thrown in there but mostly I don't have the ability to look at my computer screen for an extended period of time as it pulls my attention away from Kiley. She's been crawling for just over a week and before that she was scooting on her butt and belly getting into EV-ERY-THING! The day I saw her crawl for the first time I also saw her pull out just about every drawer in the house and explore it's contents. Sure I could write when she naps, but her nap times have been devoted to cleaning up after everything she has gotten into and baby proofing those things I did not realize she would want to get into. And FORGET eating. Pretty sure any baby weight that was still clinging on, is gone and more.
When they say life as you know it will change forever once you have a child, what they mean is life will change many times once you have a child. I know this is only the beginning and so far I am loving the new life.
No comments:
Post a Comment