Monday, May 31, 2010

Back to normal...sort of

Had another appointment last week and it seems like everything is back on track. I only gained a pound but they tell me that is normal for me. Urine was good, blood pressure was good, fundal height measurement still small but not scary small, baby's heart rate was right around 127 bpm which is good, and I had two matching shoes on. She is moving around pretty much constantly and I feel like my belly looks like a waterbed rippling. I can usually tell where she is positioned because I can feel either her butt or her legs or knees poking me pretty hard.
Yesterday was a really weird day however. Chad and I were up at the family cabin on Coeur d'Alene lake and I felt fine for the first few hours in the morning but as I was taking a shower I started having a really bad side cramp as if I had just run several miles on a full stomach. Shooting pain from my ribs down to my hip on my right side. This wasn't just the normal tightening of Braxton Hicks, this was painful. I tried laying down and that didn't help, but if I was moving around a little I felt a little better, or at least was distracted enough to think I felt better. After a few hours, we decided to take a walk down to a little store to get some ice cream and it got really bad. So bad that I was walking as tender footed as possible and still couldn't bear it. I stopped walking and Chad went back and got a 4-wheeler to drive me on. I also realized I wasn't feeling her move. I was close to making some phone calls and then almost as quickly as the pain came, it went away and she was just as active as ever.  There were no other symptoms to go with it like bleeding, and it wasn't coming in waves like I suppose contractions would but still not normal. I feel great now and she is doing ballet in there as I type but I will definitely be questioning the doctor at the next appointment.
Here is the latest pic of my belly from last week. Chad says he can tell I've grown a lot lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment