Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

2009 was a great year! We had a wonderful wedding in May, that we got to share with so many of our friends and family that came from all over the US to celebrate with us, we went on an amazing honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, we had a busy summer celebrating other friends' weddings and getting to do several small road trips, and finishing out the year with family for the holidays is always one of our favorite parts of the year. Now we head into 2010 which is looking to be even more exciting than 2009.
In late November we found out we are expecting a little McVicars. We couldn't be more excited and while Chad really hopes it's a boy to carry on the McVicars name, we both are just looking forward to a healthy baby in late July or early August. It took a little while for the news to sink in but as soon as the morning sickness came in early December at about week 7, it started to feel a lot more real.
My sickness seems to come later in the day and if I don't eat every couple of hours or if I eat too much I will feel extremely nauseas. Later in the evening it has been very hard to find something to eat as nothing sounds appetizing but I know I have to eat or I will continue feeling sick. Most nights I tell Chad to just make something and not tell me what he is going to make cause I will oppose it, but if it's sitting in front of me I will eat it whether it sounds good or not. Chad's been great, I know it's hard for him when his wife can't get the energy or feel well enough to get off the couch but we just keep focusing on the fact that it usually only lasts the first trimester which means I should be up and going again in the next month.
It's definitely not letting up anytime soon though. This week I've been sick enough to throw up a few times which I thought I would avoid the whole pregnancy.
It took a while to get our first doctors appointment, I think with the holidays the doctor probably took some time off, but we will be heading to the doctor January 11. We think we will be at almost 12 weeks, but they will be able to tell us how far along we are and when our due date is.
I recently decided it would be fun to start this blog, for family and friends who have asked to be kept updated about the baby, and to share with the baby at some point when it is older. I've been taking pictures of my belly every week as another fun thing to share with the baby later to show it how it grew. I figure it would be fun to put a few up on here every once in a while to show family and friends that we don't get to see as often too. Haven't put on too much weight yet, only a couple pounds, but in a few months I should be gaining about a pound a week. Oh boy! (or girl ; ))
Week 5

Week 9


No comments:

Post a Comment